Saturday, March 29, 2008

Beautiful Things

I often find myself standing in front of large displays of baking crocks or mixing bowls almost drooling over the wonderful colors and styles that are available. In putting this blog together I've spent a good bit of time online looking for new gadgets or new styles to inspire me. This is the first installment of my list of pretty things that I would love to have gracing my kitchen cupboards.

These Organic-Shaped Blue Nesting Mixing Bowls are just the most lovely color and I can imagine they would be a bit easier to handle when holding and mixing heavy batters. The simple color reminds me of bowls my grams had when i was young.



The bright spring colors and great melamine materials make these measuring cups and spoons different from any I've seen before. On offer from Williams & Sonoma, the colors make me want to get into the kitchen.





I've always had a thing for green. I have a special soft spot for the old fashioned "jade-ite" colors of dinnerware. While not the same translucent effect, the Emma dinnerware set from Pottery Barn is lovely just the same.




This footed pitcher brings images of mint juleps and old fashioneds to mind. The perfect size for nice large batches of lemonade or iced tea with a unique shape, this is definitely on my wish list for the summer.

No comments: